Significance of Sri Maha Varahi Homam
Sri Maha Varahi Sadhana requires proper initiation by Guru (Sri Vidya Upasagar) Sri Varahi is pleased by chanting mantras, doing worship either on the image, or by the help of Yantras (mystical diagrams) .
Sri Maha Varahi resides in the Sri Chakra in the 16th Pragaram. She is the commander of the battalion of Sri Raja Rajeshwari. Varahi is one of the Saptha Mathrukas – Seven Divine Mothers. Varahi is classified as the fifth among the seven “Mother-like” divinities (Saptmatrukas) and hence called Panchami.
Vaarahi is one of the Amsam of Bhairavar. As Vaarahi (“hog-faced” ) she destroys evil forces and led the devotees ultimately to SriVidya upasana with Kurukalla, she is accorded the parental status to Sri-Chakra (Lalita Maha Tripurasundari). While Kurukalla represents the Full Moon, Vaarahi represents the New-Moon. And while Vaarahi represents the illumination (Prakasa) aspects of the mother-goddess, Kurukulla is the “deliberation” (Vimarsa) aspect. In another aspect, Vaarahi is also said to be one of the Yoginis. Sri RajaRajeswari took the incarnation of Sri Maha Varahi to eliminate the cruel demon Pandasura. Varahi Pooja/Homam is done in Panchami, Ashtami and Amavasai.
Benefits of Vaarahi Pooja/Homam
- Troubles from evil spirits. Any kind black magic
- Protects the person from accidents.
- Fame, good will, wealth and exalted status in society
- Paralyses the enemies, dispels fear , courage and confidence.
- Supreme victory over enemies & all those who stand in the way of one’s progress.
- Disease and ill health, peace and prosperity.