Significance of Ashta Lakshmi Pooja
Ashta lakshmi Pooja is performed with the aim of attaining eight earthly form of wealth—namely; money, food, courage, education, success, progeny, luck and strength.
All the material comforts you wish for, pray to Goddess Ashtalakshmi, who has the power to bless you with everything you ask for related to wealth. Conducting Poojas and archanas to Goddess Ashtalakshmi will help invoke her blessings for you. Ashtalakshmi signifies the eight divine aspects of Sri Mahalakshmi where “Ashta” means eight and “Lakshmi” means the Goddess of wealth. The eight representations emphasize different forms of wealth, prosperity, luck and fortune.
Sri Ashtalakshmi pooja is done daily or commenced on Thursday or Friday. But Our Divine Astrologer Thethiyur V.Mahadevan advice to perform Sri Ashtalakshmi Pooja can be done at any time and any day without any restriction. Worship of Sri Ashtalakshmi along with lord Ganesh gives the peace, prosperity, abundant wealth, predominance, success, promotions in work and superiority in life.
Her eight aspects are:
- Dhan Lakshmi or Vaibhava Lakshmi – An abundance of material possessions and resources : “Dhan” and “Vaibhav” mean money, riches, fortune and income. This wealth is of great value to one who wishes to make life wealthy or richer.
- Gaja Lakshmi – Wealth of Elephants(Anything huge or much larger than normal) or vehicles : “Gaj” means elephant and it symbolizes the vehicles we use to transport ourselves. It also means quality of moving freely in life and comfortable travelling.
- Adi Lakshmi – Wealth of Infinite prosperity. “Adi” means eternal existence. Adi Lakshmi signifies the never-ending nature of the Goddess therefore there sould be uninterrupted flow of Wealth.
- Vijaya Lakshmi – Wealth of victory, persistent determination, courage, and confidence : “Vijay” means victory. vijaya lakshmi is an expression of courage, confidence, fearlessness and victory. This wealth strengthens our character and keeps us moving along successfully towards our goal.
- Dhairya Lakshmi – Wealth of patience, strategy, planning, objectivity: “Dhairya” means patience. Dhairya Lakshmi gives us the spiritual strength and ability to bear delay or incompetencee. She signifies that planning and strategy play an important role and help us move with caution and reach our target each time.
- Dhanya Lakshmi – Wealth of grain, food, nourishment, and health: “Dhanya” means grain. Food is our most basic necessity to sustain life. Abundance of food keeps good health both in body and mind; free from infirmity or disease
- Vidya Lakshmi – Wealth of education, knowledge, skills : “Vidya” means Knowledge. Vidya Lakshmi is the goddess of learning who blesses the humanity with greatest wealth of knowledge. She blesses her devotees with great skilfulness, knowledge of desired subject or activity, concentration in education and gets success in the life.
- Santana Lakshmi – Wealth of children, legacy, family, friends, well wishers : “Santan” means children. Santanalakshmi bestows her devotees with a glorious and honest child. Santanalakshmi blesses desirous persons to build up their Children.